Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Main page Content

Our school

 




Ross Kubler

Principal

 

 

Hambledon State School is situated just off Mill Road, Edmonton.  Originally established as Black Fellow Creek Provisional School in 1887 with an enrolment of 23 students, the school was relocated to its present location and renamed Hambledon State School in 1910.  Predominantly a Sugar Cane growing area, Edmonton was a rural community with a Sugar Mill, just south of Cairns. 

Today Edmonton, which still holds its sense of community, is joined to Cairns by many housing estates.  Hambledon State School is now referred to as one of the Cairns Southern Corridor Schools but, through its long history in the area, still prides itself on traditional values and quality education.  As the oldest school in the area and with an anticipated enrolment of just over 800 students in 2015, Hambledon State School continues to be a popular choice for many parents.​